Clinical Presentation and Outcomes of Myocarditis Post mRNA Vaccination: A Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review

U.S, 3 November 2021, Cureus

Summary

For the 69 patients included in our study, the median age was 21 years, ranging from 14 to 70 years; 92.7% were male, and 7.3% were female. 76.8% of patients received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, and the rest of the 23.2% received the Moderna vaccine. 11.5% of the patients developed symptoms after the first dose, and 88.5% developed symptoms after the second dose.

The median onset of symptoms was two days post-vaccination (range 0-25 days). The myocarditis was confirmed on MRI in all the patients, with late gadolinium enhancement being reported in 88.3% of the patients, indicating myocardial necrosis/fibrosis.

Download PDF

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s